16 May 2013

Feeling Blue?




Hi Everyone and  thank you for the lovely comments on my last project.  

What fun I had with this one.  This is more a signature piece for me, but the background was a whole new adventure!  I have not used one of the Ranger Giant Tags before and boy are they big!  I thought about making a small book, but decided to use the tag to make a hanging.   I took 6.5 cms off the bottom to break it up a bit. 

So the background:



I used Claudine Hellmuth Gesso and a Crafters Workshop Diamond template to create some texture on the tag and also glued some pieces of an old doily here and there.  I added some text with Midnight Blue StazOn Ink  and then painted a watery dilution of Claudine Hellmuth Studio Semi Gloss Acrylic Paint : Sky Blue all over the tag and spritzed it here and there with water to get a more mottled effect.  However, I did work in stages as the tag is so big and the paint actually dries quite quickly.   Once I was happy with the effect I put some darker paint in various places around the gesso. 


I blended some Vintage Photo Distress Ink in the lighter areas and then it was the turn of the Tim Holtz Tissue Paper  (again something I’ve not used before).  I just tore off strips and glued them with Claudine Hellmuth Multi Medium.  I love the way the tissue paper clings around the gesso and just disappears into the background.  Finally I dotted splatters all over the tag from watery Vintage Photo Distress Ink. 


So here is the finished tag – lots of new techniques and products for me, but I shall certainly be doing more!


Then it was down to decorating.  I used the Tim Holtz Dress Form Die and some lovely Teresa Collin’s Now & Then cardstock.  The flowers are all handmade by myself – these are the well known grungepaper type roses but I use cream card, water and scrunch them up before making the rose itself.  (I am a bit obsessed with making flowers, and if you want to see more there are some tutorials on my blog.)


Although I’ve used lace, twine and ribbon from my own stash, Vicki has a wonderful array HERE which are definitely on my wish list!  

Thanks again for looking and I look forward to coming back at the end of the month with my final project x



6 comments:

Paula Whittaker said...

A beautifully put together tag Jennie.

Sandy said...

Gorgeous tag - I love the whole design - fabulous and lovely colors!!
Sandy

Ellie Knol said...

LOVE it!

Words and Pictures said...

Really beautiful, Jennie - my favourite colours, music and script - that background could've been made for me!! Love your delicate lacy borders to the ruler and to the corset, and the flowers are - as ever - stunning!
Alison xx

Caroline said...

I really love this little piece of art. :))

Patricia said...

Came over from "Buttons" Blog, and Oh! Wow! I am so glad I did.
I love making paper flowers so your things really sing to me.
You have some stunning creations. I will be back to "drool" some more.
Have a Great Day

Patricia xxx