08 May 2013

Follow Your Heart

Hello!
Yep, me again!
Today I want to share an inky panel (yes inky...only a smidge of paint was used in the making of this piece!!)
I wanted to create loads and loads of texture, so I glued down various 'bits' onto an 8" square chipboard panel before I started in with the colour. Corrugated card...
A cardstock stencil (Jenni Bowlin)
Along with a bit of old book page here and there. I scraped texture medium through a stencil too...

Once all the background bits were on and dry, I lightly sponged with gesso to give me an all white base to add the colour to. I used a mixture of Bombay Inks and Daler-Rowneys for this, two shades of green to begin with. I sprayed a little water and blotted some inks away to give the mottled effect. Once the greens were dry I went in with the most fabulous ink, silver pearl by Daler Rowney. All the silver effects you can see are that ink! You only need a little for the translucent shimmer, but then you can build up layers for a more opaque silver look. I haven't used this in an age, and can't fathom out why! Love it.
Anyway, I felt the greeny silver look needed a little more colour, so went for a bright red 'halo' circle!
Now this IS paint! Dash of Red by Claudine Hellmuth. This paint is versatile too...the edging is the same shade, just a thin layer so the colour is a more muted almost dark pink. I covered the cardstock with three layers of the paint to give the depth of red I wanted before stamping the text and punching out the circle. The Stampotique figure (Mela- possibly my favourite Stampotique) was then placed in front of her halo..
A Remnant Rub on phrase finished off the panel...
This is definitely one of those 'note to self' pieces, in this case use more inks!!!!
Hope you like it,
See you soon
Love Trish xx






8 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely Trish, the texture is amazing and AO love that pop of red against your background. Lovely. Tracy x

Suzy said...

Oh that really is pretty Trish - I love how you have built up all the texture. I am thinking I might need to invest in some of those inks

ElizabethR said...

I love that background it's fab! Will be having a go at that when I get back from work :) Elizabeth x

CreativSpirit said...

Trish, I really LOVE the texture and the fact that you've used inks rather than paint, it give it such a different and great look. Still coming to terms with these stamp images as to whether I NEED some though.

Caroline said...

Love it!! That pop of read is brilliant & I love Mela (those boots?)!! I am working up to Stampotique, don't know if allowed to mention other brands here but suffice to say, I have a couple of "others"... Great texture here too... Take care. Caroline :)))

Sandy said...

I love your background and I can see how I am just gonna have to start experimenting.
Sandy

Words and Pictures said...

Well, I'd certainly back you in going for more inks if it produces gorgeous makes like this - love it!
Alison x

Gez Butterworth said...

Ooo super gorgeous Trish xx