06 June 2013

Simple colouring in the sunshine.

Hello there, I hope you're enjoying sunshine where you are because after weeks of misery the sun has finally arrived here.

With the sun shining I really didn't want to be staying inside crafting some complicated project or journal page so I simplified everything down, took my supplies outside and had some fun.
Before I went out I did glue a sheet of Bazzill Antique Book Paper which is brilliant stuff, slightly thicker than tissue but thinner than cardstock or scrap paper. So perfect for a journal page background. I also painted over this with white paint to give me a more neutral background.

Once outside I stamped Doolally Dorris from Dylusions along with some flowers and leaves from "How does your garden grow stamp set. I also felt the need just to stamp with my Glitz roller doodle. 





I used Faber Castell Pitt pens to colour her in but it could have been Posca paint pens or acrylic markers, the point is, pens are less fuss and less mess. I simply used some watercolour paint to add colour to the background. I used Posca pens for the border and cut the sentiment from a magazine.

Very simply done and very quick. 

Enjoy the sun

Jaine x

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Wonderful - your creation has a folk art feel to it ad I do love folk art!
sandy