06 July 2013

Neon Brights!

Hello!
Have you seen the new Neon ink daubers from Hero Arts?
Very very cool.....and I've been playing! Something simple from me today, just showing off the vibrant colours!
I cut a large circle from card, then used the 'left overs' as a stencil. Very easy, I just swiped 5 of the dauber colours in stripes across the space!
I wouldn't say some of the colours really are 'Neon' in the 'very bright in your face sense' , the blue for example is a gorgeous shade, but not as dazzling as you would expect from 'neon'. However, the pink, orange and yellow are REALLY bright and zingy, so very on trend with the neon craze right now!
I then stamped the alphabet background (Darkroom Door) over the colour without removing the stencil.
I did a little wonky on purpose stitching around the circle....
then added another stitched line for my figure to stand on....
The figure (Stampotique) has been left black and white just to emphasise the sheer 'oomph' of the bright ink colours!
Remnant Rub ons for the phrase!
I would thoroughly recommend the daubers, great colours to play with!!
love Trish xxx

P.S.....Don't forget the Flash Sale going on in the shop....30% off Darkroom Door unmounted stamps until Monday! x



5 comments:

Karin said...

Wow this looks great!!

Clare Lloyd said...

Fabulous project! I love th e modern vibe and such ace colours.

Michelle said...

Fabulous! Beautiful design!

Caroline said...

Wowzer!! Love how you used them, great piece. :))

Suzy said...

Love it - so bright and fresh :)