30 August 2013

Using up the left overs - art journal play.

This summer hasn't been the best of my life and without going into detail, at times it's been pretty depressing. I can't remember the last time I got out my art journal and just 'played' it seems so far away now but last weekend I had the urge to do just that and record a happy time. 


I didn't want to put much thought into it, I simply wanted to go with the flow and do what made me happy and this is what I did.

I keep all my left overs and scraps and these are what I grabbed first. Bits of paper from older projects and even the pieces with die cut shapes out of them (well, you never know when you'll want them right?), a few left over numbers (random) and some sticky backed canvas butterflies from the embossing workshop a while back. It all went down on the page.


I gave it all a coat of white acrylic, not too thick but thick enough to neutralize it all. 


Then came the fun bit. Sub conciously I reached for a paint colour which happened to be Claudine Hellmuth Studio acrylic in Classic Teal, watered it down and painted it on, spraying as I went. I held the book up to let it drip between the texture. It was having the desired effect and I felt content. My daughter even pointed out that I'd used bulldog clips to keep the page flat, in the same colours. It's funny what the sub concious mind can do. 


Once dry I added the chevron stamp with my Glitz roller doodle and Adirondack Stream ink, a couple of old postage stamps and a photo of me doing what I love. I used a K and Co Smash date stamp to show when it was and added a few ink spots with some Dylusions ink sprays.


The quote is from a Chinese proverb which I wrote using a Sakura Micron pen. I love how this pen flows nicely. 


Anyway, there we are, a journal page to cheer myself up, using left overs and what comes naturally.

Jaine x

2 comments:

Le petit monde de Louison said...

C'est magnifique!! J'aime beaucoup!!!

Alison said...

Gorgeous inspiration Jaine! x