10 May 2014

A little inspiration.

I've been having a bit of a tidy and thinning out of my work room and after taking down a couple of mini canvases from above my desk which to put it frankly, were so old they bored me silly, I had a gap to fill.

I had the quote going around in my head and after going through some of my papers, I found a sheet of Glitz Design, "Sunshine In My Soul" paper with the cute bird on it and that became my starting point.


It went really well with some of the  Glitz Finnley papers which I also pulled out and used as a mat and for the bird house. The letter stickers were also from the Finnley collection tying in the colours perfectly.


When it came to the canvas itself I just sprayed over some collaged text pages, with a couple of ink spray colours and thinking I'd like to add a leaf stamp to the background I literally spotted a small piece of Softcut (the last little bit I had left) and within a couple of minutes I'd cut myself a leaf stamp.   

The finished canvas is now hanging above my desk as my new point of inspiration and a reminder that I need to buy more Softcut - LOL!

Have a good weekend

Jaine x

7 comments:

Paula Whittaker said...

Love the look/style of this piece Jaine.

ForgedinPaper said...

Lovely canvas. I loved that Glitz range.

jasann said...

Love this canvas, the colours are lovely!

Kate said...

What a wonderful piece to have above you in your work area - sure to keep you focused, not that you have any trouble there !!!

Caroline said...

Oh my gosh, what a funky canvas! The green you used is gorge, your bird looks so proud of his little crown & your bird house is super cute with great design. Still can't get head around that softcut but yr results are fab! :))

Cocofolies said...

Oh, it's very lovely Jaine!!! :) x

Karin said...

Amazing canvas, great colors, love it!