20 June 2014

Serious Girl...

Hello!
Today I want to share some closeups of the piece I created for this months Colour Challenge!
Great palette, lots of scope for nice colour combos!
(The pic seems to be very yellow for some reason...the cream is definitely browner than it looks like on screen!)
 The base is a square of  recycled cardboard. My son had a new wardrobe, and I spent nearly a whole afternoon cutting up the packaging into nice sized pieces to paint on...very tedious at the time, but now I'm really glad I have a huge stash of ready cut bits to play with. Well worth the scissor blister!!!!
Anyway.....I've wandered off the point a little....
I smeared the cardboard with cream coloured paint (NOT lemon coloured, honest!), making sure to work some paint into the sections where I had ripped off the surface. I then added some seafoam coloured paint with a palette knife, emphasising the ridges here and there. Stencilling with the darker blue...
Then onto the printing and stamping!
I stencilled the ruby red stars, and had a bit of an accident! I used too much paint, and the stars went a bit 'smooshy'...technical term, that....
However, I tried to rectify things by doodling around the shape, drawing lines to give a sharper outline...
Weirdly, I like it better than an immaculately stencilled star..... (I could wax lyrical about embracing imperfection at this point maybe?!!!)
The little girl is a favourite Stampotique image, stamped onto text paper..

As a finishing touch, I added a little red splatter here and there. Not too much, (red splatter can look like an incident requiring the paramedics if you go overboard)...just enough to echo the red stars and bring the whole thing together!
I hope you like her.... and don't forget to have a play with the colours and enter the challenge HERE!
Love Trish xxx



3 comments:

Helen said...

I love it!! especially the stars, and that little girl is cute, (I need her...!)

jasann said...

This piece of art work is absolutely beautiful!!!!

Jackie said...

Great project you have created Trish!