09 August 2014

Travel journal

 I'm off to Portugal in a couple of weeks time and I can't wait. Whenever I go away I like to take a small journal with me and this one was a pre-made one with simple plain pages and bare card covers.  To personalize it a bit more I covered the front and back with some Basic Grey Spice market paper and rubbed some gesso along the edges.

The striped tape running across the front is from My Minds Eye and is from the necessities range which is gorgeous. For the letters I dug out my old faithful Grungeboard which I haven't seen for years!!  If you own a die cutting machine there are plain Grungeboard sheets in the shop too.

Jaine x

3 comments:

Caroline said...

I am so pleased to see that you used an already made base. I feel so much pressure that if I make an album, all has to be from scratch. Liking yr style here & the letters are really cool. Grungeboard is on my v long Wish List! Tfs : ))

jasann said...

love this - it is always hard to decide what sort of note book to take with you when you travel, this one is "spot on" thanks for sharing with us - Jas

jaine drake said...

You shouldn't feel the pressure to make all your journals, a simple journal off the shelf is just perfect sometimes and easy to personalise.