16 June 2015

Selfie Collage







As we probably all agree the world is absolutely obsessed with selfie concept. Sefie images on social sites and even the selfie stick (uh!!!). But I am always a firm believer we have to come outside of ourself to be fully present. And to simply twist the idea of selfie obsession I also decided to do selfie but in mixed media/collage concept. Why? Because having a distance to yourself with a pinch of laughter is the best way to approach the beast!:))))

I started with using my old diary and covering pages with Dina Wakley white gesso. Then using Dylusions Ink Sprays as well as some of home made ink sprays I built colourful parts. Before the inks I covered some parts of both pages with blue and green Acrylic paints from Dina's range as well.




 Ok so now the selfie collage- the funniest part! Do you have any passport photos that were not used? If not you can always use other face photo or just take a new one. I used a tag for the body part and bit of measuring tape plus a tea tag for more edgy look (guessed what-this tea tag was actually on the tea bag I was having in my cup at that very moment!)

Finishing touch for the person collage was covering tag with a mix of white gesso and yellow Dylusions Ink. Blue handwriting was done is Posca paint pen as well as a few scribbles on site.

Here is a close up of the collaged person-my mixed media version of selfie:


For the black circles I used my new set of stamps N Studio with a black Archival Ink. There are few more in a set and can't wait to get my hands on them-so wait for more!


Wishing you lots of fun with creating your own selfie:)
Honorata

3 comments:

jaine drake said...

I love this layout and what a great explanation too.

Caroline said...

Brilliant take on the dreaded "selfie", makes me smile just reading intro. Great use of pieces to make up 'body' & Dylusions are fabulous for colours. Good job.

Unknown said...

Love all the thought that has gone into this x