29 November 2015

Luscious layers !!

Morning all, Tracy here with today's blog offering...

I love playing in my large Dylusions journal, it's my favourite journal at present to play in. The paper and size is perfect for all my acrylic journal pages and can handle multiple layers with no problem. 


I love to do multi layered pages and for my latest journal page I have used a mix of the amazing Dina Wakley acrylic paints, delicious Dylusions acrylic paints and gorgeous Golden heavy body acrylic paints. I don't think I can say I have a real favourite between the three brands and they work together so well. 


I love creating lots of lovely layers on my pages and this one was no exception. Continuing to add layers of paint, stamping with archival ink with the fabulous Dylusions background stamps and using various distress inks and stencilling with both Dina and Dyan's amazing stencils. 


Finger painting is an absolute must for me when creating this type of layered page and all of the layers have been done with this technique continually adding and covering up the previous layers.....so you might be asking yourself why ???.... Why bother to paint layers if you are just going to cover them up with another layer after.... Well the answer is simple....you do not get the same sense of depth on your pages if you only have one layer and can see everything that is there. 


Don't be afraid to keep going adding and covering your page with paint, don't be afraid of stamping over the top and then covering some of that stamping with paint, and don't be afraid to add to wet paint so that the colours smear together. Acrylic paint is so forgiving, once it's dry you can paint straight over the top so what is there to be afraid of !!


I'd love to see all your lusciously layered journal pages...come on...what are you afraid of ???

Bright and painty hugs
Tracy
Xxx

4 comments:

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

What a striking page, absolutely fantastic! xx

Tracy said...

Love your work, Tracy. These are truly luscious layers!

heARTistry said...

Thank you xx

heARTistry said...

Thank you xx