10 April 2016

Distressed Watercolouring !!!

Good morning everyone and a very happy Sunday to you all....

Today I want to share my renewed love for my Ranger distress pads !!!

When I started art journalling it was one of the first this I bought but apart from stamping or inking edges I never really did anything else with them and they were soon relegated to the bottom of the art draw. 

Well I have to say I am now so back in love with the possibilities they hold I just had to show you what I've been doing with them.....


I've discovered that they are super amazing to use as watercolours !!!..... Yes you heard me.....by rubbing the pad onto an acrylic block or a non stick craft sheet you can add water to the pigments and paint like watercolours.....I just love it....I know I'm not going to be the first to discover this but I just love the effect it gives!!!


By adding more or less water to the pigment you can get different shades of colour. 


I can honestly say I have a new found  love for these pads. Never again will I look at them just for stamping and with the amazing array of colours both vibrant and subdued there is something for everyone. 

The mini pads are fabulous for travelling and I have made sure they are in my travel art kit. A definately must have !!!!

The colours I used are,,,
Picked Raspberry
Peacock Feathers
Wild Honey
Crushed Olive

The red heart was a felt tip pen

Thanks for stopping by

Bright and painty hugs
Tracy
X

5 comments:

Pat Crossland said...

Tracy, Love your ideas and though only used these a few times as watercolours, was thinking the other day 'I must get some watercolours'....well, won't need to now!! Thanks....Pat

Craftyfield said...

Great blending of one colour into another! I occasionally use Distress as watercolours but the traditional method with the ink blending foam is my favourite technique!

Corrie Herriman said...

This is beautiful !
Corrie x

heARTistry said...

Thank you Pat. Was lovely to see you at the weekend as always xx

heARTistry said...

Thank you ladies. You are very kind xx